Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb 10: Action

December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)


Well this is the perfect question for today, because I have just finally decided it's time to commit to choosing my word for 2011, and it is CREATE! I have taken two steps towards starting on this path. First, I have signed up for the 2011 create every day challenge, and second, I am taking an online workshop with Pam Carriker on visual journalling. I am so excited about learning new techniques and playing with new ideas! My plan for this year is to continue my Photoshop learning through Lynda.com, and to learn more painting and especially textural painting techniques. I am so excited to commit officially to what I have been doing already for the past few months. Passionately creating every single day. Oh, and I am buying a green screen so I can start doing fairy photo shoots. I am sick of my own face ;) Today I played with printing a photoshop collage and painting onto it, and I think that is something I want to explore more as well.

What I want to accomplish through all of this creating is first and foremost, joy in my daily life. Secondly, I want to find my unique artistic voice. I think that part is just starting to develop, and there is much more to come.

I am really excited to see what creative growth 2011 brings.

What is your next step for 2011?

Joyelle

2 comments:

  1. How energizing, I love the word create- I love the idea of finding your artistic voice- this is something I am still discovering- I'm exploring what interests and am confident that my gut will guide me. My word for 2011 is Focus, I need to focus on my interests and avoid distractions. I love the new background of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your blog looks great! This quote by Erma Bombeck is one of my favorites. Are you taking Pam's free class through Strathmore? I am too! Yay!

    You're word and focus for 2011 sounds fantastic! I hope you have a blast trying to find your authentic artistic voice, you are already well on your way. That's what I am still continuing with too, and having so much fun in the process! I hope you have a wonderful week.

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete