Wednesday, March 28, 2012

imagine peace


Just popping in today with a quick post
of one of my recent journal pages.

I tend to be a very "clean and simple"
kind of artist, so this page was a challenge to myself
to try to create a page much more complex and chaotic
than I normally would make.

I wasn't sure what the topic of the page would be,
but then I grabbed out a stencil of mine and the
words "imagine", "peace", and "believe"
jumped out at me.

I really believe that John Lennon had it right
when he said we need to be able to
imagine peace to achieve it.
But sometimes when I see the amount of conflict around me
I wonder if we can ever get to that point.

My journalling on the page says:
How can we imagine peace on a
global scale when a simple teacher's
three-day strike evokes so much
hatred?

In retrospect, anger would have been a more
appropriate word to use, but you get my drift.

We live in a world that seems to thrive on conflict,
in our news media, tv programming, and everyday lives.
As a sensitive person,
I try to limit the amount that I engage with media,
and carefully limit the people I have around me.
But we can't do that all the time, can we?

Anyhow, just some rambling thoughts there.

If you have any thoughts to share on imagining peace,
I would love to hear them.

Have a beautiful day!




1 comment:

  1. This is really a lovely piece, Joyelle. Very creative. Nice to stretch once in a while, ey?

    ReplyDelete