Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday, Edition 3


When it comes to life the critical thing is 
whether you take things for granted 
or take them with gratitude.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Today I am reminded why it is important to stop and be thankful. I am all caught up in the stress of trying to make sure I have packed everything for our family vacation this weekend, and on my walk this morning I was having an anxiety attack about traveling with two small children, especially because my baby has just started sleeping better and I am worried the trip will totally de-rail that. Then I saw these flowers on a bench at the park, left behind in memoriam. Someone is not here to walk in the sunshine and stress about their family vacation. So here is the list of all the simple things that I take for granted today:

1. Life. Just being alive on a beautiful sunny day.
2. A salad made from fresh veggies.
3. My car.
4. Music (currently listening to the new album by Crystal Bowersox)
5. My kitchen sink (seriously, it's an awesome sink.)

And you? What little (or big) things are you taking for granted?








No comments:

Post a Comment