Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday: the holiness in those things you take for granted


“Can you see the holiness in those things you take for granted–
a paved road or a washing machine? 
If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, 
you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled 
with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.” 
— Rabbi Harold Kushner

My baby boy!

5 things I am thankful for this week:

1. My amazing neighbour Samantha, 
who, after an 8 day adventure, returned my missing cat to me. 
I am so, so grateful for this miracle!

2. The Internet, for its awesome ability to connect 
like-minded souls around the world into a community.

3. All the lovely souls who hit a like button 
or leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. 
I am so grateful to you all for making me feel like what I write 
and the art that I make have meaning beyond myself.

4. Today is my baby's first birthday! 
I am so thankful for his smiles, 
his adorable laugh, and his zerberts!

5. On the flip side, I am very grateful 
that the first year of new mommahood 2.0 is over.
 It's been an exhausting year, and I'm glad to be done with that part of the journey. 
 Toddler time, here we come...

If you would like to join Thankful Thursday, leave a link
or a comment in the comments section.

Thanks for sharing!


No comments:

Post a Comment