Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday: The Home Edition


There's no place like home.
-Dorothy

Some days I have to admit that my home drives me crazy. Ok, it's really most days. Becoming a parent means surrendering to the chaos or ending up in an insane asylum. The endless stream of toys and paperwork that clutters up every available surface in my house drives me bonkers. The dishes are always piling up, and the laundry bin is always full. That said, I also love my home and am so thankful for it for many reasons. Here are just a few:



1. My art desk. It's up against a sunny window that looks out onto a little treed courtyard. It's usually a complete disaster, but I love it so, so much.

  
The rare occasion it is clean!

2. My patio. On the rare occasions, I get to sit out there with a cool drink, it is delightful.

3. My bedroom. It is a peaceful oasis from the tyranny of kid stuff ;)

4. The new keypad garage door opener we had installed when the previous garage door bit the dust last month. So handy!

5. The dishwasher. In our old house we had a ridiculously loud dishwasher that actually made having a conversation difficult. When we had to buy a new one for this place, we got a super quiet one that totally rocks.

So now you know I am going to ask,
what is your favourite room in your house and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment