Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Coming Home


There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.
 Margaret Elizabeth Sangster 


Last week I wrote about a few moments I was thankful for
from our vacation, so this week I am focusing on
that moment of coming home.

Being away for a while gives us fresh eyes to view our homes,
and I know that lately I have been overwhelmed by
the clutter so much that I have forgotten to notice
what it is I love about this place.

So here are a few things I am thankful for this week:

1. Sleeping in my own bed. There really is nothing like it.
2. Realizing that our house still has that "new home" smell.
(We bought and renovated the house last fall)
3. A fridge full of familiar foods for my picky eater boy.
4.  My kind neighbours, who fed the cat, took out the garbage,
and even removed the window screens when window cleaning
was done in our absence!
5. Putting the baby to bed in his own room!
He slept in our room during the trip,
and he is a noisy sleeper!

What do you love most about your home 
when you come back from a trip?


No comments:

Post a Comment