Friday, November 14, 2014

100% Inspired: Pecha Kucha Night

 


I am getting pumped for Pecha Kucha Night! I will be one of the 11 speakers sharing my passion in just under 7 minutes. This is a fast-paced evening of sharing ideas and meeting interesting people. This will be my second time doing a Pecha Kucha talk, so I know now that I need to practice, practice, practice to get my timing just right! My talk will be about the inspiration for Princess Monsters from A to Z, a topic which for me has evolved as I have brought this project from an idea I had floating around in my head for several years to finally bringing it into fruition.

If you haven't attended a Pecha Kucha talk before, here is a little bit about the format of the evening:

Get Ready to be inspired by local talent and creative minded community members in a fun, fast paced speaker series event with an unusual twist! The PKN format is 20 slides x 20 Seconds each. This means our presenters have just under 7 minutes to present their unique ideas & creations complimented by 20 images.

PechaKucha (prounounced Pechuk-cha) means "Chit Chat" in Japanese.

And what would a PK Night be without our famous "Beer Break" to socialize and network giving you a chance to "Chit Chat" about all you've seen and heard yourselves!

Our speakers for this event:

Joyelle Brandt | Creative Dynamo
Paul Gauthier | Paralympian
Shelley Gruendler | Typographer
Chad Matchette | Artistic Director
Diane Moran | Artist & Community Connector
Adi Parker | Abstract Artist
Diane Roy | Fibre Sculptor
Win Seaton | Designer/Artist & Educator
Jaret Stodola | Musical Engineer
Ravenous Randy | Pro Wrestler
Carlyn Yandle | Visual Artist

Special Musical guests from
Rock the Fox

Tickets are available for $12 advance/$15 at the door. You can purchase tickets online here or at the door on the evening.

They are also always on the lookout for Performers/Musicians & artists to showcase and of course PEchaKucha Speakers/Presenters for upcoming PKN's held 4 times annually. Interested? contact the PKN Team at: tfoxtheatre.pkn@gmail.com today.



No comments:

Post a Comment