Monday, December 22, 2014

The year in Princess Monsters


Well first off, I just have to say thank you to everyone who has supported this book. I can't believe I have sold 200 copies since it launched in September. I love how you keep coming back to buy more copies for other children in your life who need this message. Here are some of the fantastic  things you are saying about Princess Monsters from A to Z:

"I love her use of language and the flow of the verse. Her illustrations are wonderful - so colorful, creative and whimsical... This book truly celebrates individuals and the strength of being unique."
-Shirley Martin

"Great book, wonderful message and my girls both love it"
-Christine Kizik

"I love this book and my kids do too! Lighthearted and entertaining in a way that the underlying message comes through without being obvious or preachy."
-Errin Morrison

This has been such a roller coaster year, and I am so incredibly grateful for all the amazing experiences that have come along. Here are a few highlights of my year:

-Performing at Burrard Inlet Fish Fest

-Releasing my book with a spectacular book launch party at my house

-The Princess Monsters from A to Z art exhibit at the Port Moody Arts Centre

-Visiting some amazing K-5 classrooms and reading the story with them

-Speaking about why I wrote Princess Monsters from A to Z at Pecha Kucha Night

-Starting the Trigger Points Anthology and online community for parents who are survivors of childhood abuse

-Trigger Points Anthology was featured on Huffington Post and Blunt Moms, as well as many other sites 

-Seeing all of the monster portraits created by the little readers of my book:


-Coordinating and performing at the Port Moody Winter Solstice Lantern Festival:



So thank you all for being along on this crazy ride. I have so much more to come in 2015, but I will save that for another post! In the meantime, have a very Merry Christmas all!







No comments:

Post a Comment