So what did I do with all this uninterrupted creative time? Oh, so many things! I worked on about 3 projects at a time, whirling around the house like a dirvish. Two days sounds like a lot of time, but it isn't! But one project I did actually complete is this project from Shona Cole's The Artistic Mother book. If you haven't heard of this book, it is a fantastic 12-week collection of projects, interspersed with tons of inspiring artist profiles. Typical of me, I start on week 8. What can I say, I'm the type of person who can never do things by the book (which is why university was such a painful experience for me).
Some lessons I learned from this weekend:
1. It is good to remember who I am, separate from the roles I play.
2. I still need a night light when I sleep alone.
3. It's nice to get a chance to miss the men in my life.
4. I really need to organize all my art supplies!
5. I am so grateful for all the good things in my life!
Hope you get to carve out a bit of creative time this week.