Monday, October 25, 2010

Music Monday - Forbidden Love

Hello Blogland!

I am sitting in my pjs drinking a cup of cinnamon coffee and eating a square of dark chocolate. The day is off to a good start! I am so excited to share this image with you. This week's Music Monday theme is from a song title: Forbidden Love by Madonna. I managed to catch this crow picture last week, and I was so excited, because I knew exactly what fairy image would go perfectly with it. This fairy's wings are actually a photography of one of the pairs in my collection. As usual, I have used some amazing Kim Klassen textures. My favourite is the Lyrical texture, which borders the piece.



For those of you who would like to join the Music Monday challenge, please post a link to your image in the comments thread by Saturday night, and on Sunday I'll display all your works! Courtesy of the lovely women at Collage Obsession, here are instructions about how to link to your image:

Copy and paste this simple code into the comments box:
<a href="link">text to click on</a>

First replace the link with the permanent link to your work (leave the apostrophes). Next replace text to click on with your own message.

Here is a sample:
<a href="http://collageobsessionchallenge.blogspot.com/">my first entry.</a>

I can't wait to see your interpretations of Forbidden Love!

Next week's Music Monday will feature lyrics by Matthew Good:

she is the trick of my trade
she is the thing that can't be made
she is gold and nothing less
and she is fearless


Later on this week, I have another fairy to share for the Three Muses "Hats" challenge.

A call out to those more experienced bloggers out there: I have been playing around with customizing the look of my blog, and for now have settled on plain white until I can do something better. Any advice on sites that could help me learn the ins and outs of designing my own blog template would be greatly appreciated! I am a little intimidated by the sheets of code I have seen.

Hope you have a hot drink in hand and good music playing in your ear! Oh, and speaking of good music, I found the most amazing YouTube video by a band called Atomic Tom. Click on the link and I guarantee it will bring a smile to your face!

Have a beautiful day,

Joyelle

5 comments:

  1. L.O.V.E. this image, wow, just beautiful!!
    Amelia
    @notesfromtheedge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Joyelle! My wheels are turning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I tried to install the link but it didn't work so we are back to the Stone Age...Loved the challenge...keep up the good work. My entry is at:

    http://thewhimseyasylum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What talent you have...thank you for visiting me the other day...I love it over here.

    I do love the lyrical texture!

    Eating chocolate would start my day off right too...off to see if I can find some...xoxo

    ReplyDelete