Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb 10 - 11 Things

December 11 –  11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)


Wow. This is a really great question. But 11 things? That's a lot. Hmmm, let's see...

1. Other people's extreme drama. The kind that sucks you in like a vortex and spits you out coughing up green slime.
2. My inner critic, who today is telling me what a crazy person I am for thinking I could be an artist. You are an ugly, jealous little demon and I don't like you.
3. Housework. Seriously, what a supreme waste of time!
4. A really awful stroller that makes me crazy, but I keep holding onto because I can't see investing in another one since Gabe is 3 1/2 but I still need because it rains 300 days a year here, and the umbrella stroller just doesn't cut it on those days.
5. Guilt about my eating/exercise. So what if I fall off the wagon constantly? I always get back on eventually.
6. Worrying about being different. That's what makes me interesting.
7. Worry, period.
8. Bad food. The kind that you eat but don't really enjoy.
9. Unflattering clothes.
10. Preschool field trips. That's pretty much my own personal hell.
11. People who take more than they give.

Letting go of these things will free up room to focus on what I really enjoy in life: Friends, family, art, music, and good food.

What things would you like to eliminate for 2011?

Joyelle


1 comment: