Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb 10: Make

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)


I made this gingerbread man. And about 30 others like him. Yesterday was my yearly Gingerbread Day party, where I have my neighbours come over and decorate and eat gingerbread men. I love having my house full of all the neighbourhood kids, with all the grown ups sitting around chatting. It is such a beautiful thing to have community.

I want to make more mixed media paintings. I definetly feel intimidated a bit by the process, and feel a need for more learning in that area. But if I can get over my intimidation, it is something I would really like to explore more in the new year.

What have you made recently?

Joyelle

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I was up until at least midnight sewing up some new decorative pillow covers. I fell in love with some linen holiday napkins I liked at Pottery Barn, inserted a zipper and voila! Although, to be honest voila is overstating it a bit as I haven't sewn a zipper in recent memory...and only dust off the Kenmore once a year at most. Thankfully the internet is full of creative angels who videotape themselves demonstrating these techniques. : )

    ReplyDelete