Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reverb 10

Hello Blogland,

Not more than an hour ago I announced to a friend of mine that I was planning on taking some time off from blogging for the rest of December. Usually at this time of year, I take some time out to evaluate the year past and set goals for the year to come. I'm also feeling like maybe I need to shake things up a bit and try something new in my blog format. And then I was reading Kim Klassen's site, and followed a link to Reverb 10. And there it was, a way to do both!

At the end of 2009, Gwen Bell launched a creative end of year project and invited a few bloggers to join.
The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge (#best09) encouraged online creators, through daily prompts, to dive into the past year and reflect on it to understand ourselves. Last year was the first year of the challenge.

This year, each day in December there is a one word prompt to encourage reflection on the year past and to manifest the year to come. So for the rest of the month, as often as I can, I will post my responses to these daily prompts, which I'm sure will include some photos and some fairies ;)

Today's prompt is an easy one for me: Wonder. What has brought wonder to my life this past year? My son Gabriel. He brings so much joy, so much play into my life. This photo was of our snow day together. His excitement on the rare occasion of snow (we live on the west coast) was so contagious. It made me think of snow days when I was a child, of that great wonder and mystery of crystals falling from the sky. Snow angels, snowmen, sliding or rolling down hils, so many possibilities!


Some days I am mired in the muck of daily chores and can't join him in that space of wonder. I don't have much fun then. So I guess lookig forward, I have to ask how I can be there more often. Maybe 2011 will bring some answers to that.

Please feel free to share your moments of wonder in the comments section - I love to hear from you!

Joyelle

1 comment:

  1. I so agree, you son is adorable! My children have provided years of wonder and enchantment. I see wonder in blogging, this year. I am amazed at the connections and how connected we all.

    ReplyDelete