Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspiration Wednesday: Dream

Priscilla Ahn : Dream 
(thanks to Bonnie Rose for posting this!)



Today let's talk about dreams.

If you have children, 
you know that they dream
all the time.
They tell fantastical stories to themselves.
They are transported to another place,
not limited to this time, 
this identity, 
even this species.

As we get older our days fill with 
to-do lists, deadlines and goals.
It gets harder to find time to dream.

Even in our creative pursuits,
it is so easy to get caught up 
in "measurable outcomes"
instead of revelling in the 
pure joy
of artistic play.
I have made this mistake.
I have made my life hell 
because of my wrong thinking.
Always looking to the future,
always planning.
Never playing.

I like to believe 
that I have grown a bit 
wiser over the years.

I am taking time to
slow down.
I am trying not to waste the 
precious gift
that is my life
on things that do not matter.

I am taking time to dream.

Inspiration cannot come
if we do not open the door
and invite it in.

Take a few minutes alone.
Let your mind play.
Let yourself dream.

This is your gift to yourself.

You deserve it.


1 comment:

  1. Thank You. These words lifted my spirits today. I am always "looking to the future,always planning...Never playing"
    I must try "revelling in the
    pure joy of artistic play"

    and the following words I will remember because they have touched something within me
    --------------------------------------
    "Take a few minutes alone.
    Let your mind play.
    Let yourself dream.
    This is your gift to yourself.

    You deserve it"

    :*)

    Andante

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete