Monday, March 14, 2011

Mixed Media Monday: Gratitude

I have started round two of the Strathmore Visual Journal workshops. Linda Blinn is teaching some really easy techniques to start your journal pages. Here are a few background papers I made up using her techniques. These are part of a 4 x 5.5 mini-journal that I am making called With A Grateful Heart. I'll be filling the journal with favourite moments from my life over the next few weeks. This is a practice which I started a few years ago. At the end of the day I write down my three favourite moments, and the things I am grateful for. I have been slacking off of late, but as part of my Happiness Project, I am getting back to it.




On the first page I wrote that I was grateful for an amazing yoga class, a trip to the art store, and a great concert (it was a good day!) I challenge you today, as you go through the day, to stop and pay attention to a moment. Really soak it in. It is amazing how paying more attention to that moment brings you so much joy. When your child laughs, or a stream of sunlight comes in through a window, take a deep breath and notice. Say to yourself "this is me, feeling happy." Be present in your joy, and it will increase tenfold. 

We have only one life. Live every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment