Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Inspiration Wednesday: Pecha Kucha!

I am very excited to share with you my first ever Pecha Kucha presentation. Pecha Kucha is, according to Wikkipedia:

Pecha Kucha |ペチャクチャ, usually pronounced in three syllables as "pe-chak-cha", is the Japanese word for the sound of conversation. The equivalent English term is "chit-chat". Pecha Kucha Night events consist of around a dozen presentations, each presenter having 20 slides, each shown for 20 seconds. Each presenter has just 6 minutes 40 seconds to explain their ideas before the next presenter takes the stage. Conceived as a venue through which young designers could meet, show their work, exchange ideas, and network, the format keeps presentations concise, fast-paced and entertaining.

And here I am, talking about my fairies:


One of my favourite presenters of the evening was the incredibly talented digital artist Masha Levene. If you want to be inspired, definitely check out her work.

Pecha Kucha presentations are now a worldwide phenomenon. If you get the chance to see one, I would highly recommend it!

Have an inspired day!


3 comments:

  1. That was my first PechaKucha Night, and I had a blast! It really can't be described. Thanks so much for inspiring me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really so exciting. I have not heard of a PechaKucha before but will look for an opportunity to attend one. I love your fairy images- what a wonderful way this experience unfolded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my first PKN too and wow! amazing inspirations from all the speakers.
    ditto to Masha being a fave, but also applause to you and your fairies - what a cool idea :)

    ReplyDelete