Friday, September 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Welcome to my house! Grab a cup of tea and settle in while I show you a few of my favourite things...

(My Disclaimer: What you are not seeing is all the Superhero toys, puzzles and Lego strewn around. I'll leave that to your imagination).


This painting sat half finished for years, until my husband and I read "Smart Couples Finish Rich." The start of the book has an exercise where you each list your top 5 priorities, and this is our combined list. I love having on display to remind me what is important.


This is a framed scrapbook page. I switch out which image is in there according to seasons or my mood.


I found this pillow at Pier 1 and it so perfectly combined the colours in our living room. Love it!


Six years ago when we moved into this house, I commissioned this piece from my husband. It took him about a year to finish if I remember correctly, and I love looking at it every day.



One Christmas I found this fantastic card holder, and put it up on the wall, and it hasn't come down since. I put hearts on the tree for Valentine's, little flowers for Easter, and of course Christmas cards when the season comes.


I found this beautiful quote about Gratitude, and made up this little sign to hang over our dinner table. It reads: "We receive this food in gratitude to all beings who helped bring it to our table, and vow to respond in turn to those in need with wisdom and compassion."

Hope you have enjoyed the tour! Wishing you a beautiful long weekend, filled with family, food and fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment