Thursday, September 1, 2011

Make a House a Home


Continuing the theme of home for this week, and wondering what it is that makes a house a home to you? For me, it is that my house is a reflection of who I am. From the colours to the artwork and furnishing, every piece of my home tells the story of my life.

I loved this post by Stephey Baker at Marked by the Muse this week. Here's a quote that really stood out to me:

Part of being human is to create. We are all Artists in this sense.

We are all creating our masterpiece called LIFE.

I have spoken to so many people who say to me "Oh, I'm not creative" or "I'm not artistic." But isn't it true that we are all creating our lives? Whether we cook, garden, or paint to express ourselves, it is all part of the same creative energy.

So while we may not all be able to draw or paint the way we would like, we can all look at something in our home and ask ourselves, how can I make this reflect my beliefs, my values, my personality? And I think we all do this, which is why I always love seeing someone's home for the first time.

On this theme, tomorrow I'll share some of my favourite places in my home.

Until then, hope you are having a beautiful day:)




No comments:

Post a Comment