Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kind Acts Day 4

Welcome to day 4 of our Christmas Kind Acts Advent.


Today's art piece is a mixed media on board, which I created following a tutorial in Kelly Rae Robert's book Taking Flight.

And today I thought I'd give a couple of kind act suggestions. My People4Good iPhone app says:

Give up your spot in line.

As a mom who has lived through my fair shair of toddler grocery store tantrums, I can say that I would love someone to do this for me! I particularly remember the day Gabe threw himself on the floor in the check-out line and yelled at the top of his lungs. If you see a mom going through that today, help her in any way you can, because she is trying really hard not to cry, and she could use a little kindness.

And for my own suggestion today:

Stuff a stocking with kindness.

There are lots of great organizations that you can donate to this Christmas. For $55, you can purchase an owl habitat from the Nature Conservancy. For $24 you can purchase life-saving measles vaccines for children from Unicef.

And for a final thought today, a quote from the grinch:

"Blast this Christmas music! It's joyful AND triumphant!"

Have a beautiful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment