Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thankful Thursday: The Spousal Edition


“A great spouse loves you exactly as you are. 
An extraordinary spouse helps you grow; 
inspires you to be, do and give your very best.”
-Fawn Weaver
 
Today I am celebrating the defeat of Prop 8 in the US, because I know
that marriage equality is essential to a better life for all of us.
And since I have been married now for 16 years (to the same man!)
I want to share a few of the reasons I am thankful for him.

My top 5 reasons to be thankful for Rob:

1. Through weight gains and losses, 
bad hair choices, bad wardrobe choices,
and even seeing some things I'm sure
he would rather he hadn't (childbirth),
he has never stopped finding me sexy.

2. He still makes me laugh.

3. He makes our kids laugh, which is even better.

4. He tells me all the time that he loves
to watch me make art.

5. He is kind, gentle, and generous.

I am so grateful to have a partner in life,
and so excited for all those who can now
have the same privilege.

If you are married, I would love to hear about
what you are thankful for in your partner!

Happy Thankful Thursday all!


1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for Ben's good humour and how quickwitted and intelligent he is. All the smiles and hugs and kisses and all the jokes we share. Our shared appreciation for long (and short) walks in the great outdoors and giving each other a stage with a captive audience. I feel encouraged in every pursuit by him. Our conversations help keep things in perspective yet our silent shared meditation is golden too... the rest is best left to the imagination.

    ReplyDelete