Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thankful Thursday: The Sugar & Spice Edition






In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. 
It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. 
We should all be thankful for those people 
who rekindle the inner spirit.
Albert Schweitzer 

Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks, life got hectic and blogging took a backseat. But I am back from the Sugar & Spice art retreat, and wow did I have an amazing experience. I have waaaay more than 5 things to be thankful for, but I will keep it brief for your sake.

My top 5 this week are:

Juliette Crane, one of our amazing instructors!
1. The people. The amazing women who held a space to open our hearts and truly be present together. I am so grateful for every one of you, and I know that this experience has formed lifetime friendships. It is incredible how a group of total strangers became a tribe in three short days.

This is where we ate lunch each day, on the deck of the cannery.
2. The food. Oh, the food! What an incredible gift to have 
such lovely food made from the heart. Thank you Aaron!


3. Port Townsend. Oh my gosh, from the minute I got off the ferry I was just vibrating with the amazing energy of this place! So much creativity! What an amazing community there.


4. The Cannery. The venue for the art retreat was absolutely stunning. 
I loved every little detail of this place.


5. The chance to remember my self. Hello, you. It's been a while. 
It was really nice to get to know you again.

If you would like to see more pictures from my trip, you can view my photo album here.
I'll blog more about the actual art part in my next post ;)

And if you would like to join in the Thankful Thursday fun,
please leave a comment or a link to your blog.
I always love to hear what you are thankful for!

Hope you are having a beautiful day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment