Sunday, December 15, 2013

On the 9th Day of Christmas Comfort...






Welcome back to our exploration of how we can be kinder to ourselves and and others during the holiday season!

Guest post by Sharily Kuehnel


I love to pamper myself and others during these cold winter months- an easy way to show a friend a little bit of comfort is to whip up some home made bath products- as gentle on the earth as they are on your skin. One of my favourite products is this yummy salt scrub- I was gifted this salt scrub in the summer to use on my dry cracked heals and it worked like a treat. I knew I had to get the recipe for myself and make up a batch to give as gifts- I enjoyed it just that much! Gifted in small 2 oz glass Mason jars with a sprig of ever green on top- this really is the perfect low key gift for any friend on your list!
 
 
1 tablespoon bees wax
1 tablespoon shea butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup to 1 cup fine sea salt
1 teaspoon jojoba oil
10 drops of essential oils- your choice

- start by melting all the oils and bees wax in a bain marie (double boiler)
- add in salt slowly once oils are melted together
-- for a coarser scrub add more salt
- dispense into cute jars

This is a great scrub for dry skin in the winter- lather on legs ( I use it on my elbows) and rinse off before exciting shower or tub
- this is an oily product so be careful getting out of the tub and don't sit directly on delicate fabrics

Inline image 2Sharilyn Kuehnel is a full time work from home Momma- a Jill of all trades- she blogs over at Weekdays From Scratch
about living a creative and slow life in the heart of the city- she would rather be sitting beside a campfire than washing dishes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment