Saturday, December 14, 2013

On the 8th Day of Christmas Kindness


Sometimes there is a moment when you see the fragility in life and remember that it can be all too fleeting. For me, it has happened this week as the Mossom Creek Fish Hatchery burned to the ground. Thankfully, no people were hurt, but hundreds of baby salmon perished, and a magical place was lost. I know that the strong community of volunteers will band together and find the support they will need to re-build. But still, it is a loss. And every time I see a photo of the charred ruins, I want to cry. So I won't show you those pictures, I will show you some of the many photos I have taken there over the last few years.




Today I want to say, be grateful for those good things. Those places that bring you home to yourself. The people who you call when you are having a bad day. Just stop and be grateful for all the good in your life.





All the green, growing things of this earth, all the fish in the streams, all the water we drink and the air that we breathe. Be grateful for it all. 

Happy Holidays,

Joyelle

P.S. Here is a video I created with J Peachy of a song I wrote about Mossom Creek. You can see why I love this place so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment