Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The 13th Day of Christmas Kindness

This is the last quiet (as quiet as you can get with a 4 year old boy) day in our house, before all the relatives arrive for the holidays. This is unusual for me, to be anticipating this many visitors for Christmas, so I was interested to read this post on Vancouver Mom about having a more mindful Christmas. I think the one I want to keep in mind foremost is to let go of expectations of having the perfect Christmas. It is inevitable that, especially when dealing with children, there will be a few melt-downs. Given that I am pregnant and ridiculously hormonal, I will probably also have a few of my own. I have to remember  to let go and let it be what it will. If you haven't listened to the Barenaked Ladies song Christmas Pics, I highly recommend it. Or go see Ellen's collection of Bad Santa photos for a good laugh.


Today's act of Christmas Kindness from my People4Good iPhone app is:


Bring home flowers.


And if that particular kind act is something you do just for yourself, there is nothing wrong with that ;)


Have a beautiful day, and may a little kindness come your way.




No comments:

Post a Comment